Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A prolonged weekend

Even since I saw the DIY tutorials posted by Bhavna of An indian summer, I wanted to try it out.

We are having some friends over for the Christmas holidays and I wanted to add something new to deck the house. I got all the supplies ready before the weekend and everything was planned for the weekend. But as they say, things never go as planned. Saturday was all about finishing my last minute gift shopping and the lines at the stores were longer than ever. Never mind, I rushed back home only to find that my son decided not to take his afternoon nap, aahhhh..... The evening was spent at a friend's holiday party which was indeed a lot of fun but the thought of my DIY project stayed with me.

I don't have much of an excuse for not doing what was planned on Sunday. Sundays are usually very relaxed with only the necessary stuff getting done. There was the usual cooking, groceries etc, and then tea and chit chat with friends in the evening.

Finally, the much awaited project was pushed out to Monday. So here's what I did...


                                                                  the flowers all done...

 The stems from the tree that we trimmed a little while ago...



Time to put it all together...














How do you think it turned out? I'm linking to the weekend wrap up party at Patty's blog Colours decor

11 comments:

  1. Neha, it's lovely! I've bookmarked those paper flowers too...they'll make awesome gift toppers as well 9maybe next year tho') :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking craft! Like the red flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful Neha... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved those flowers. I have something similar in mind but it is yet to come 'to life'. Will post the pics on my blog once it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. like you blog with a mix of everything! keep blogging, keep sharing - squeakycorner

    ReplyDelete
  6. and yes I m following you and added to my list of blogs I would frequently visit....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome flowers, would you mind sharing how you made them....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Deepika. The tutorial link is right at the beginning of this post. If you need more help, please email to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice quilling Neha.
    Here is something i have tried too..
    http://ourlens360degrees.wordpress.com/2012/02/14/my-valentine/

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you...your comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...