Monday, November 14, 2011

Home tour: Richa's home in LA


Ever since I saw glimpses of Richa's home on my favorite blog An Indian summer, I knew I had to seek more. I reached out to Richa and asked her to share more corners of her home with me and the readers of my blog.....and she gladly agreed:)
Her home is one that I can truly imagine myself living in....warm and welcoming,  decorated with love..... and with things handmade and collected.
In Richa's own words......
"My home is a totally indulgent affair. Here, I indulge my love for all things handmade, vintage, repurposed, kitschy, fanciful or found.  I also like saturated hues, unusual juxtapositions, bright flourishes, big, bold statements and small details, whimsy, and a surprise element. And my aesthetic is strictly mix ‘n’ match (clearly, I don’t have the stamp of approval of enthusiasts of the 5-piece bedroom set ;-).  As a result of these (many) quirks, my home follows my very personal style instinct, rather than any rules or trends. Also, since I never stop trolling art fairs and flea markets, my home is fluid and evolving, which is how I prefer it anyway since ‘finished’ and ‘flawless’ are always boring to me."

Richa's passion for her home is all so evident in her words and then these pictures.... 




Do you see her bottle collection- So colourful and intriging!

Richa's mask collection.... "I have been collecting masks for very long now. Though now that I have these many, I add only when I am totally seduced by one!"




The golden pattern on the ceiling was there when Richa's family moved into their house and she left it there "because it went so well with the kitschy elements in that room."



Are you thinking what I wondered when I saw the above picture for the first time....? Are those bangles on the curtain rod? "Yup, I don't wear bangles but couldn't help buying them at Hanuman Mandir in Connaught Place one summer."
What an interesting idea, Richa!


I fell in love with all the beautiful fabrics across her home.....her gorgeous bedspread...

...the kantha table cloth....

....the bedding in her guest bedroom....isn't it all so pretty?
The prints on the wall are simple block prints which have been framed and put together as a series.

Beautiful fabrics neatly piled up on a stool....and then some books.

Hope you enjoyed glimpses of Richa's home as much as I did.

THANK YOU Richa, for sharing these with us!


PS: In addition to this amazing eye for design, Richa also has a penchant for cooking. Check out her food blog Eat Drink Man Woman 

37 comments:

  1. Thats really beautiful and my kind of home, quirky and full of vibrancy and colors :)
    Loved it immensely

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am awestruck!!.What a beautiful, warm and vibrant home.I can spend my entire life without even venturing out :) enjoyed massively this home tour.All pics were total eyecandy.Those innovative idea of bangles on the curtain rod holder is sending me running to LAjpath nagar(Delhi)this weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous home tour! I love the rich colours and artfully arranged objects. Very cozy looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous, colorful home, I love everything about it Richa:):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neha, I'm with you! Haven't been able to get her home out of my mind since I first saw it on Bhavna's blog.

    Richa--exquisite taste. LOVE the way you marry those colors together--there's color everywhere, yet it doesn't overwhelm. Very tastefully done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very tastefully done-up home Richa! Kitschy! Drooling over the fabrics, bangles on the curtain rod, vignettes, and furniture. Loved the tour, thanks Neha for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohh my god richa you have a gorgeous gorgeous home and so many ideas to take away...lovely

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was beautiful to see your home. It is such a welcoming site and reflects you in everything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Home and such a gorgeous post, Neha, you actually found a treasure :) Thanks for sharing and Richa, this is inspirational :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the colour infusion and coordination..lovely home :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!!!!! I am speechless - beautiful, unperfect, inviting...I didnt know this could be my style until I saw Richa's work. Now it is :)
    Desperate desperate to know where she gets her furniture...the bookcase, the cane chair, the side tables in the bed room....it's like someone makes them for her :) I live in the US too and have never seen anything like this EVER. Way to go both of ya. - Wini

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow ! What a beautiful home... I love the fabrics used ... the book shelves... her bottle collection !! Lovely !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely Lovely home with such riot of colors, the blending of the old and the new, warm and inviting - a lovely place Richa and thanks for sharing Neha.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you everyone!!!Its been fun reading these reactions:-)
    The furniture is sourced from stores in the US (IKEA, Crate and Barrel, WorldMarket, Pottery Barn). I only pick a piece at a time and so have ended up with this very mismatched/eclectic collection.I did find the Mandarin shelf and the bed (in the master bedroom) at a boutique furniture stores here in LA (Tara Home, you can google them). I got lucky when a couple of other LA stores (Power of Home, Urban Home)suddenly started stocking those Tibetan cabinets (that serve as nightstands for us).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good work with different pieces of art, creativity, fabrics, warm colors. Simply makes the lovely Indian home with lot of native art and culture.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow..love this home...so colorful,eclectic,personalized...love everything.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fabulously beautiful home... The colors, the styling and just about everything is perfect... I would love to live in such a house!!
    You captured it and presented it very well too Neha:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love everything about this home; the colours, the furniture, the curios...it all comes together so well! great job Richa!

    ReplyDelete
  19. very beautiful and colourful home. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Everything in this home speaks volumes about Richa's personality. Love the home....been there...and wanna visit again:-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. loved the detailed tour of richas home.thanks dear

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like every detailed of the house. So perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely to see more glimpses of Richa's home. Richa- I envy your textile collection! SO envy it! Loved the bangles on the curtain rod idea- How do you draw the curtains close though? Just checking, as I would love to steal the idea ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. @SoundHornPlease- THANK YOU! The textiles are from a few different places, including Anokhi (The gujarati cutwork piece in the master bedroom) and a store called Patina (http://www.patinastores.com/products/at-home.php). The bangles are in a room where the curtains don't need to be drawn...its my TV/media room and that door looks out into my own back yard which is walled in so no one can really see anything from the street.

    ReplyDelete
  25. aaah, the colors! therapy for the eyes!!

    http://taintedfingers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautifully vibrant home, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a pretty home and the natural light is perfect. Love all the fabric, artwork, accessorizing..so many interesting things to take in.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow! She lives in a very nice place. Every spot of the house is simply amazing. Thanks for the tour! hot tub chemicals uk

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you for more glimpses into this home. Such personal style. And love the bangles on the curtainrod, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a colourful home you have,Richa!Loved the way you've played around with so many colours!A fabulous home tour!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Shalini Pereira- All Things NiceFebruary 15, 2013 at 7:44 AM

    What a beautiful home! Loved the colors and use of fabrics. I especially love Richa's mask collection.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Shalini Pereira- All Things NiceFebruary 15, 2013 at 7:46 AM

    What a beautiful home! Loved the colors and fabrics and especially loved her collection of masks

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you...your comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...