Monday, December 13, 2010

A relaxing weekend

I have been quite busy with my upcoming trip to India. Shopping is something I enjoy thoroughly, but when it comes to buying gifts for many many people of all ages and likings, the 'always so enjoyable' act of shopping seems like a daunting task. After all the running around the entire week, I had a much desired relaxing weekend. How about you? Did you have a good weekend?

The weekend started with a couple of friends coming over friday evening. We planed to just sit back, relax, chit chat while the kids played together. Remember the paneer pinwheels (recipe here) that I had mentioned in my last weekend wrap up post. Well, the taste of those lingered in my mouth much after the party, and I kept thinking that I need to try making those myself. So, this was the perfect opportunity.

Ready to go in the oven
 
All done


Saturday, I had no plans but to relax. But then, doing nothing makes me a bit uncomfortable (and I just can't relax). Are you that way? Do you feel like that too? Or am I somewhat weird? (my husband definitely thinks so)

So I decided to declutter my closet and take out some unused clothes to give away to goodwill. While I was doing that, I came across a kurti that had not attracted my attention for quite a while and looked a bit worn out, but still seemed too good to part. And then, I got an idea....the embroidered round motifs, I cut out one of those and framed it. Ta da.......







Linking up to Patty's weekend wrap up, which is always fun to join.

7 comments:

  1. SMART! I love the framed embroidery--I've been willing my clothes to tear/scuff/unravel so I can drum up the courage to take scissors to them. Blogging about decor gives you a whole new way of looking at stuff, LOL!

    I know I said this last time, but your orange wall looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Purnima: Thank you.

    @Gagan: Thanks and thanks again. I so completely agree with you about blogging and the way it makes you think about your decor ideas.
    Believe me, it did take courage to cut out that kurti and a small part of me still keeps thinking that maybe I could have worn it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my.. i like your kurti idea.. Its fabulous!! that frame looks gorgeous.. gorgeous!! I'm loving that orange wall more and more.. Neha!! Its simply awesome!!

    Oh.. and keep blogging.. keep decorating.. and simply enjoy every minute.. :-) And Im so glad you joined the weekend wrap up.. Totally made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Patty. I'm really enjoying every bit of blogging, and the appreciation from all the talented people makes it so worthwhile...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic idea! You are giving me ideas too :) Something simple, yet so beautiful. Love that black and gold framed mirror too. Your wall is coming out quite beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Divya. Glad you liked it. The black and gold mirror is something I made a couple of months back.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you...your comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...