Thursday, September 1, 2011

Let there be candlelight

It's September......the start of Fall- the harbinger of all festivities. Before you know it, the festive season will be here....Dussehra, Diwali, Halloween, Christmas, and candles are a big part of all of them.

My mind is bursting with lighting ideas for this year's festivals.....I found loads of inspiration all over the web and here is some for you....









Go get all your glasses out- wine glasses, shot glasses, martini glasses, all kinds of glasses.....and then all those jars that you may have collected, bring 'em out and get decorating.....with candles, for this festive season. 

Flowers paired with candles make for the most dazzling decor....don't you agree?












Jars with candles hung as lanterns....Pretty! I did something like this last Diwali.






I have tonnes of more ideas for decorating with candles- some inspired and some my own, which I'll be sharing with you in the next few weeks. So stay tuned for more on 
candlelight decor.

 If you have any such ideas...do share. I'd love to post about them here.

All images via Pinterest

14 comments:

  1. Some of these are so elegant, but the apples look like great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Nice Neha , loved all of them , surely going to incorporate :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful inspirations...I specially liked one with flowers and candles on top...first one I had already pinned before and I 'm going to pin few more:) .the one in 2nd last pics, small jar chandelier in garden I blogged about that in my blog in my DIY to do...

    ReplyDelete
  4. *sigh*.. such a gorgeous post!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very unusual and very pretty. Tell me how to use bottles with flowers inside the, would they stay?
    Also those bottle lanterns, won't the flames from the candles make them black, can you just give some ideas how these things are done. I can see that these are from some site yet you must be knowing how to do make them at home.
    Thanks for sharing such wonderful ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome ideas, Neha. Thanks a ton for sharing. This post got the creative juices flowing. The apple candle is very innovative. The combination of flowers and floating candles looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. enjoyed each of them.Thanks for sharing these ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! Lovely ideas.. candles and flowers are a heart warming combo indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow..just what is needed before the festivities arrive!!!great ideas that can be implemented

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look absolutely amazing! I have done teacups w/saucers and espresso cups with flameless candles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fantastic ideas! I love the flowers in the bottom of the vase with the candles on top - will definitely try that. Thanks for sharing. Vic xxx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you...your comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...